This article tell you how to add a new device to Spotilla and provide a recommendation for naming your devices
Equipment, machines, and other items controlled in Spotilla are referred to in the system as "Spot." To add a single device, Spot, follow these steps:
- Log in
- From the Assets and Content menu in the top bar, select Assets, Devices, Tools.
- Press the "Create new Spot" button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Give the device a descriptive name. Here are some examples of good names:
- Vallox 145 MV Air Conditioner HB25
- Volkswagen Transporter Van ABC-123
- Frame nailer Senco 601ST SN1234567
- Safety harness Atlas 001
- If you wish, you can enter a more detailed description of the device in the Description field.
- Select the folder you want the device to belong to from the drop-down menu.
- If a tag is attached to the device, retrieve the tag number from the drop-down menu.
- Once you have created a spot (by pressing green button "Create New Spot" below), you can assign other information / functions to it in addition to the basic information, such as attaching an image / document to the spot ("Files" on the basic info tab) or assigning an annual pre-maintenance task to the device ("Tasks" tab) or you can define Spare parts linked to this spots ("Spare parts tab").
The device card is the most important for the data configuration of an individual object. The Spotilla administrator defines the device cards for the devices and device groups, so that when you create a new device, you automatically have the correct device card.
- If necessary, you can also add Service requests, Costs, Messages etc. If you cannot see these tabs, press three dots.
- Finally, press the "Save" button at the bottom left. If you do not see the button, scroll down the scroll bar on the right.
In the name of devices, it should always be good to have the make, model, type of the device and a unique factor (eg numbering) that distinguishes similar devices. In the above examples, the number, vehicle registration number, serial number and self-assigned numbering have been used as identifying factors.
When creating new devices, the device card should always be filled with existing data as far as possible. But if the information is not available when the device is set up, it is easy to complete the information later, for example with a mobile application.