How to use reservations and why?
It is possible to make reservations for all devices or tools (Spots) through both the management portal and mobile applications. Reservations can be browsed in different views and can be targeted to separate reservation sites.
Browsing reservations has been implemented from a slightly different perspective on the management portal and on mobile. On mobile, it’s easier to view reservations for a single device, while the management portal makes it much easier to view reservations for multiple spots. It is also possible to get information about reservations, e.g. the duration of the reservation for billing purposes.
Reservations are typically used:
- For tracking and invoicing items to be rented / lent to customers
- For resource planning of own resources (eg which work machine is reserved for which construction site at a certain time)
The reservations function can be used both without a billing perspective and without and with reservation sites. The purpose determines how the function is most sensible to use.
Reservations are created either directly from the device or from the Reservations page.
- Click "Create new reservation" in the upper right corner.
- Give the reservation a name (a descriptive name that identifies the reservation). If you wish, select the next reservation site (which has already been made in advance on the "reservation sites" page). You can give the reservation an explanation of what it is about or otherwise describe the reservation.
- Specify the start and end times of the reservation. For full days, check the box all day. You can specify a contact person and contact information for the reservation.
- Next, in the Spots field, select the device or devices for which you are making a reservation.
- If you are making a reservation for which you want billing information from the system, leave the box next to Billing. You can enter details about your billing information in the Billing Comments field.